Sunday, March 10, 2013

PALEO!!!

For the last few months I have been dabbling in Paleo I feel much better doing it. I enjoy finding new recipes and experimenting with different food items. The boyfriend is still eating normally but he is eating what I cook for the most part some mornings he adds bread and he eats crackers for snack and what not. But, the reasoning for the blog is because I have recipes saved all over the place in the book marks and this would be a place for me to keep recipes and new food ideas. I will even take pictures and make it purdy like (sorry I had too). Anywhos this morning I made an egg scramble with bell peppers, mushrooms, and bacon it was delicious.
Today I made some Ghee which was a lot easier then I thought it would be melt some good butter on low let it come to a boil and then the milk particles will turn brown and settle to the bottom. Strain it through 3 layers of cheese clothe and place in jars. From what I can tell reading online it is good for up to a year in the fridge.

I have to give credit where credit is due for my Orange Chicken recipe I adapted it from Calm Mind Kitchen
  • 1 onion sliced thinly
  • 1 bell pepper chopped
  • 1 pound of green beans
  • 4 Tbsp of Ghee
  • 1 Tbsp of garlic
  • 1/2 c of chicken stock
  • Zest of 1 orange
  • Juice from 2 oranges
  • 2 Tbsp of garlic chili sauce
  • 1 tsp of ginger
  • 3 Tbsp of wheat free soy sauce
  • 1 pound of chicken cut into 1 inch pieces
Heat a pan melt 2 Tbsp Ghee and add  onion (I  used a mandolin) and bell pepper. Cook until the vegetables are soft and then add the trimmed green beans let saute for a minute or 2 and then add 1/4 c of stock cover with lid.
Start on the sauce add zest, juice, chili sauce, ginger, soy sauce and about 1/4 c of stock in a medium sauce pan and turn on low.
In a frying pan add the rest of the Ghee and heat pan on medium cook the chicken until it is no longer pink. Dump the chicken into the sauce, mix  and serve over the bean mixture.
(If you find the sauce a bit too bitter add honey to taste)

No comments:

Post a Comment