Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I don't eat that crap!

So as I said the other day the boyfriend does not eat Paleo. I was making shrimp curry last night for dinner with some wilted spinach and all I heard was complaints. So as a good girlfriend I made him some fried shrimp using almond flour and coconut flour and smashed red potatoes. They were not the best the breading was slightly dry but it was not curry. Part of me think it is stupid that I have to make sure I eat what he wants to eat or will eat so I will not have to make two different meals while the other part thinks that he is not on this diet and should not be forced to eat this way. I am not sure what I am going to do further down the road with this situation. I need to eat this way and he should ( he suffers from diabetes, high blood pressure, lymphadema).
 We spent the day at the doctors for him his blood pressure is in the normal range for the first time in a long time, his A1C went down from 8.6 to 7.6 6 months ago it was 11. For me it was a good experience because I fit into a chair that hurt to sit in last time. It hurt so bad last time I sat on the exam table rather then the chairs. This time it was somewhat of a tight fit but it did not hurt.
Food yesterday was:
Breakfast
Sweet potato cakes (1 sweet potato, 1TB coconut flour, 1 egg) They were still soft so I need to play with that
2 eggs
1/2 c of berries
3 slices of bacon

Dinner
Shrimp curry
1/2 pound of wild caught shrimp
1 can of coconut milk
2 TB of curry powder
1 onion
1 bell pepper
I sauteed bell pepper and onion added shrimp and curry powder and then milk. ( It is very liquidy but I like it like that). I then added about 4 cups of spinach until wilted.













Today we went out for breakfast I had a ribeye with 2 eggs and a few pieces of pineapple (it was nasty pineapple). After the doctors we went to Red Lobster I can proudly say I did well I had none of those delicious biscuits. I had broccoli, lobster, shrimp in clarified garlic butter, and crab legs, 2 ice teas.

No comments:

Post a Comment