Wednesday, August 14, 2013

To Brownie or Not?

So over the last six months I have been able to look at treats and say, "No, thanks." about 90% of the time once in a great while if it is a gluten free like ice cream or a chip I will eat it. But, the trick with this is we always bought store bought treats or he would eat them so I did not have to smell them baking. I can easily turn down store bought crap because it is never as good as the home made stuff even the stuff out of the box. Last time we went to the store Bill sneaked in a box of brownies to the cart. He has been bugging me for two days to make him his brownies. I am scurred that they will persuade me to eat them. Screaming my name and I will take part in their chocolatey goodness evilness. Yes, I know I have a paleo recipe for brownies and can easily make this instead of falling to the prey of  the evilness in which is called brownies. But, it still scares me. I have found that my relationship with food over the last six months has gotten much better. I rarely find myself going to food when I am upset or bored. I have learned to find other outlets rather than eating my emotions but who knows with fresh baked brownies in the house. At one point   I will have to make them for him, but why can't I make them on a day where I am leaving the house the rest of the day until the smell leaves the house? Skinny Fiber has been good I have a lot of energy and not eating as much as I was I am down 6.5 inches and 3 lbs since I started taking it.
Paleo Brownie:
1 egg
3 TBS almond flour
3 TBS unsweetened coco powder
2 TBS honey
pinch of salt
pinch of cinnamon
2 TBS of coconut creamer
Mix in mug and microwave from 1:30- 2 minutes.
This is not my recipe but I am not sure where I got it from anymore it has been awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment