Monday, August 26, 2013

Paleo Sweet and Sour Pork

I made sweet and sour pork last night it was great the recipe is following this post. I served mine over cauliflower rice and Bill had his over white rice. This Saturday ends the 90 day challenge I was doing on Facebook. I will post before and after pictures on here. I took some last week and its pretty noticeable. I have had a few off days this last week and I need to get back on track. I am doing pretty well this week. Tomorrow we are supposed to go to Mexican food with friends and lets see how well I do there. 
Paleo Sweet and Sour Pork
1 lb pork loin
Marinade:
1 TBS ground ginger
1 TBS minced garlic
1/2 TBS onion powder
1/2 C orange juice
1 TBS coconut aminos or gluten free soy sauce
Vegetables:
3 celery stalks
3 large carrots
1 bell pepper
1/2 large onion
1 can of pineapple (drained)
1 TBS minced garlic
Sauce:
1/2 TBS coconut aminos or gluten free soy sauce
1/3 rice wine
1 TBS vinegar
1 TBS ketchup
1 TBS honey
2/3 C of beef broth
Slice pork in thin slices and marinade for 4 hours to overnight. Dice vegetables and pineapple. Place in vegetables and pineapple in a bowl (except garlic) sprinkle the vegetables with a pinch salt and let sit for 15 minutes. In a sauce pan add a tablespoon of olive oil and saute the garlic until just starting to brown and add the vegetables. Add the ingredients of the sauce into the vegetables and cook on low-medium heat for half an hour. Uncover the vegetables in sauce but keep on heat. In a separate pan heat 2 TBS olive oil and add meat discarding the extra marinade. Cook until the meat is no longer pink. Combine the meat and vegetable mixture. Serve over rice or cauliflower rice.
*Note vinegar and honey amounts may be changed depending on taste*

No comments:

Post a Comment